Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Uncle Rick

Thank you, Uncle Rick, for carving out a little time for us. We sure enjoyed having you here.

A cold, but beautiful elk refuge tour.




And then a fun night of skiing. I don't mean to make that sound like a full night of skiing.....

.....if you wish to know the details, read on. Tyler was good for his usual 3 to 4 runs. I was set to get the boys home for a bite of supper and their Sat. night baths. Keith and Rick planned to finish out the evening on the slopes. Well, somehow this blithering bumblehead managed to lock both sets of keys in the car while it was running in a no parking zone just outside the ski lodge! Fortunately neither of the boys were loaded in yet, although, had that been the case, we could have just called the police to come and rescue them, and then our car would be unlocked too! Okay, I know this is getting boring so I'll cut to the chase. Rick watched the boys, I watched the car, Keith ran home, tore the house apart, called several times on the cell phone so we could rack our brains about where another key might be, finally found a valet key in a drawer of a stored piece of furniture in the garage (don't ask me how his nose led him there), and then rushed back to the hill to get in a few more runs while I took the boys home. Whew! What a knucklehead! No one seemed too upset, but I don't think I'll do that again anytime soon.
Anyway, we had a wonderful day Sunday. Tyler was so sad to see Rick go when we parted ways in I.F. He demanded that he should come back home with us. Thanks again, Uncle Rick, and don't stay away too long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, Tyler! Next time I will bring "Auntie" Julia along too!! :-)

Gram and Gramp Q said...

Hi, Nice to read of your activities down there. Looks pretty cold out on the elk refuge! I've locked my keys in a few times, especially latley it seems, but for the last few years we've kept a set hid under the car in a magnetic plastic box, which has bailed me out more than once. Another experience I had was driving west out of Kalispell seeing the elderly Mrs. Austin Monk standing next to her big Cadillac looking perplexed. They were ranchers (like the Gamma or Brist family) out further west in Pleasant Valley. I pulled over and she had stopped on a wide spot to get out and go around and close her passenger door which was slightly ajar, and accidently locked herself out with the car running! I took her back to town to her daughter and they got a locksmith I think. Good to hear from you. Love Dad Q.