Boyd and his buddy, Nick. These two took swimming lessons together in April and May and became great friends. Since then we've had some very enjoyable play dates with Nick.
We enjoyed lots of sunny days in May. The weather turned cold and wet and snowy the weekend we wanted to travel - more about that at the end of this post.
One of the first high-lights of every May is Union Sunday at Larry and Liza's. Below, Tyler and Boyd pose as a couple old geezers headed to town for groceries! Ha - actually, they absolutely love buzzing around Larry's driveway on this little scooter. Fellowship, good visits, potluck lunches, and throwing rocks in the pond are also enjoyed on these weekends at Larry and Liza's.
Monte and Paige.
Helicopter time. Monte has spent many hours observing his daddy fly RC helicopters. Here he is with Keith's old helicopter which he has fondly named, Heli. He works hard to get it off the ground, but alas, I think it has crashed one too many times.
I was so happy to have my trusty carpenters finish the planter boxes on the deck. The veggies are thriving. I'll post a pic of them later.
The Vroom. There's hardly a day it doesn't get used. The boys are always begging for a ride.
We enjoyed riding bikes nearly every day in May as well.
I think it would be safe to say that the real high-light of May though, was our trip to Cody on Memorial weekend. As usual, the weather turned cold as we prepared to go. It began to rain and that turned into snow. Roads closed in Yellowstone. The only way to get there meant having to take a round about way adding many extra miles and hours in the car. We decided to do it anyway, and what a wonderful time it was!
Also in May, we ran a 5K,
played in the mud,
and enjoyed the end-of-year performance of alphabet songs by all the kindergarten classes at Tyler's school!
And that's it for May. It seems like I've had very little time to sit at the computer these days. But I do hope to do another update before the summer slips away. Hope you all are having a wonderful year!









2 comments:
Sweet post :-)
(but whew! -- I'm tired just reading about it!)
I enjoyed catching up on your family today - hopped over from Jeannie's blog :) Neat to see Tyrell and Denay in your post previous to this. We enjoyed meeting them at Dagmar this year!
Post a Comment